[CAUT] Stretch

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Feb 4 11:07:02 MST 2007

I agree David.

Using partial ratios for this kind of discussion makes things much
easier to relate to. One gets very specific real quick.

Cheers
RicB

    This discussion of wide and narrow stretch is difficult using plain
    English.
    Frankly RCT stretch numbers are to me just as obscure.  We can discuss
    particulars in terms of partial ratios (4:2, 8:4 etc.) and that is a
    little
    more revealing.  Or if one at least has an ETD of some kind we can
    talk of
    the stretch of C8 in numbers.  For example in tuning a Steinway "D"
    my C8
    ends up at 43.92 cents and on a "B" 34.76 cents.  That means
    something to
    me.  I've heard of people using a stretch that gets to 75 cents at
    C8 and
    that seems pretty s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to me.

    Revealing where C8 ends up might make this a little clearer.

    dave