[CAUT] tuning pins on a Samick

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Mon Feb 5 13:52:12 MST 2007

Hi Jeff,

That depends on how much you use. It is also possible to draw the action
out, lift the hammers, cover the rest rail and backchecks with layers
newspaper, drop the hammers back, and cover the remainder of the action
with layers of newspaper. Reinstall action--and tune while the glue dries.
I had to get creative once as I had a piano shaped object that was going to
be used immediately after the service call for a performance. I didn't like
to do that.

I tried to email you directly with what I do for uprights--but your
tanner at mozart.sc.edu address bounced it back.

At 02:08 PM 2/5/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>On Feb 5, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Don wrote:Hi Jeff,
> Any water thin CA glue works well. Apply at the base of the tuning pin.
>Look for it in bulk quantity at your local hobby store.
>
>How long do I need to give the CA to work before I can safely put the
>action back in place without worrying about drips?  The pianos I need to
>treat are in piano faculty studios, and these people just don't go home all
>that much, if you know what I mean.Thanks again,JeffNo virus found in this
>incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.432 / Virus
>Database: 268.17.26/670 - Release Date: 2/5/2007 2:04 PM

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner