[CAUT] Stretch

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 5 16:27:39 MST 2007

I can totally agree with you Fred...

The fleeting tuning is really the crux of it all.   Get the most important thing right...solid unisons...and all will be well.

I have a great gig with the San Francisco Ballet, during the performance season I'm tuning 1 or 2 pianos each night (5 pm to 7 pm just before the performance).   I am able to hear each day how the tuning stability is from the night before and it's been fabulous.   Yamaha CFIII and C7/ Concert Reserve pianos.  The work setting is totally quiet and dark (except work lights) between 5 pm and 7 pm...everyone eating.   The Opera House is steam heated and obviously very consistent...lighting is high in the air and doesn't effect the instruments...the stage crew are the best...really a  piano technicians dream...

We have our CA State PTG Convention this week and unfortunately I'll have to leave early everyday and miss some classes.   Hope to see some of you there...

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044