[CAUT] tuning pins on a Samick

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 5 16:38:38 MST 2007

You have tapped the pins a couple of times before because you have loose tuning pins, right?   Did you have any torque numbers?  Why were you tapping the pins?  Aren't your tuning pin coils right on the plate now?   This would have been the perfect situation (before you went through lamination) for CA glue.   It would have done a much better job of tightening up the tuning pins.   The pinblock already had a problem if you were tapping tuning pins several times.   I'm not I would put all the cost of a new pinblock on the technician...

I think that first lamination is the only separation.

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044