[CAUT] Studio trucks/dollies

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Wed Feb 7 12:59:29 MST 2007

Hi All,
While the subject of piano trucks is fresh, is there any consensus as
to the best truck solution for studio verticals?  I have a church
that needs to move a Baldwin Hamilton around frequently.  It has bad
casters, and I suggested just putting on new casters.  But the music
director wants something more rugged, so the piano can be moved to
other areas in the church.  There is an older set of the Schaff 4003
(same as Jansen/Pianotek 4010) dollies on a piano here, but they
stick out the back quite a bit.  Other than that, I really don't have
much experience with vertical trucks/dollies. and I don't see
anything else in those catalogs that looks rugged enough for a
studio.  Is there anything else out there I'm not seeing?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina