[CAUT] Greetings . . . and a humidity problem

Carl Root carldroot at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 14:40:15 MST 2007

Jeff,

I have some experience with storing a piano in a climate controlled
box, pulling it out the afternoon of the performance, tuning it,
playing it, then putting it back in the box immediately afterwards.
The conditions I'm now dealing with could be a bit more extreme, ie
better control in the box, and a somewhat more dramatic change on
stage most of the time, but my previous experiences have been
satisfactory and I'm under the impression that it's SOP, no?

It's taking it out and leaving it out for a couple days on a regular
basis that has me worried.

The frequent use issue is something else and I think they just want
to use their new piano a lot at least temporarily.

On top of it all is the fact that's it's green piano, fresh from NYC.

Carl