[CAUT] New Upright Pianos

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sat Feb 10 13:18:19 MST 2007

Upwrong...te he he (I'm always a good audience).

Maybe UR stood for Upright.  I looked at the Steinway website and only saw
the 1098 and the Hamburg model listed.  Do I remember correctly that
Steinway quit using that extra ridge in the plate that made tuning so
much...um...fun?

A question for those of you in the know, are Steinway upright models as, er,
"individualized" or ready for as much "customization" as the grands?  Just
curious.

Any problems with U3s?   I wouldn't expect anything more that easing keys or
adjusting springs in case of hammer bobble.

Barbara Richmond, RPT