[CAUT] New Upright Pianos

David Porritt dporritt at smu.edu
Sat Feb 10 09:51:03 MST 2007

Barbara:

The last I knew Steinway only had three upwrong models the 1098, the K and
in Hamburg the V.  I've been told that the V is a nice piano but I've never
seen one.  The other two, not so much!  They might indeed last longer
particularly if no one played them because they sound bad but I think it was
Ron N. who made the comment that this was like being sure you'd live to 120
if all you ate was rice cakes.

If you read between-the-lines well you might detect that I'm not a big fan
of Steinway vertical pianos.  Go for the U3.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu