[CAUT] Fun morning

Jeff Stickney jpstickney at montanadsl.net
Tue Feb 13 08:10:22 MST 2007

Aaron,

The tube is a smaller diameter, and therefore the head is somewhat
smaller.  Fujan has also changed the angle of the head, as well as
rounded off the top so that clearance around struts and stretchers is
much better.  The new head is available with a 15 degree head also,
which has improved clearance over the 11 degree head that was previously
available.  I find that I rarely need the tip extension now - I can't
imagine tuning with the hammer on a 4" extension as in David Porritt's
picture.  Nothing personal Dave, I just like the tip down as close to
the pin as possible.  Others like a lower angle and farther from the pin
- whatever turns yer, um, pin...

Also the carbon fiber is significantly lighter (if you can believe it)
than the aluminum.  Although this requires a little more effort with
tight pins, I find that I can really feel what is happening at the pin.
  Which also means if the tip doesn't have a good fit, you really feel
that, too, but at least you know what to compensate for.  I think the
lighter weight also reduces fatigue over the long haul - ask a sea
kayaker with a carbon fiber paddle.

Jeff Stickney