[CAUT] Artist bench

Aaron Bousel abousel at comcast.net
Sat Feb 17 20:52:58 MST 2007

We have a few non-Jansen artist benches (old) around and I'm
wondering if anyone knows anything who makes these things. The
mechanism is quite simple, one long threaded rod held by two fixtures
that always get loose. I've attempted repairs a couple of times but
without much success, or, I should say, long term success. One of the
benches has lost a piece of the mechanism. The department won't
spring for a new Jansen bench. Does anyone know if these are still
being made and/or if replacement parts are available?

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Bousel
Registered Piano Technician, Piano Technicians Guild
abousel at comcast.net
(413) 253-3846 (voice & fax)