[CAUT] grand cover

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 15:39:19 MST 2007

Ah, yes...the "slam the piano into the door and/or wall" event. I had
Instrument Covers By Jill make a cordura cover with an added piece of
trim which velcros on a round piece of very dense foam rubber (in a
cordura sock) around the perimeter of the rim. Works great (albeit,
like a hardhat or a condom, only when it is ON). They didn't really
want to make it and kept asking why I couldn't "just" train everyone
(that would require 100% cooperation of three hundred people, here) to
be careful. They apparently cannot imagine the conditions under which
we institutionalized technicians work! It cost more, but will clearly
pay for itself in saved touch-up costs. Refer to the customized
Steinway B cover made for Alan Eder at CalArts a few years back if you
want to see if they will make one for you. I already paid for the R & D.

 Alan Eder