[CAUT] Undercover Heat n Bond

Cramer, Mark Cramer at BrandonU.CA
Sun Feb 25 17:35:28 MST 2007

The Heat n bond seems to renew itself as often as I have a chance to test it.

Here's the rub though, as for the prospect of servicing the tank, clients have become as adept at excuse-making as some of our lazy colleagues ;>).

When I repeat the simple demonstration of peeling back the cloth then re-sealing with a warm iron, I get the same look as from a teenager witnessing the miraculous installation of a fresh roll of toilet paper!? (Whoa dude!)

I'm beginning to realize that no installation technique, short of remote control, will encourage (most) clients to self-service their humidifiers. So to that end, the "iron-on under-cover," though durable, is likely only as useful as the attending technician is willing.

I'm happy with it. It remains simpler, faster and tidier than any alternative I'm aware of. But then, I'm also resolved to be babysitting pad replacement for all my favourite clients from now til retirement.... we do get to, don't we? :>)

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University

Thanks, Mark.