[CAUT] Parts

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Jan 3 01:28:16 MST 2007

Hi Alan, others

In the end its just another way of doing the same thing.  I dont see it
as a problem one way or the other myself and I honestly dont have any
more trouble alligning and traveling hammers to strings the Stein-way as
I do any other way.  Once you know the reasoning behind it... its just
50 cents of one and a half dollar of the other IMB.

The only real problem I run into with these is on some older models
where the centerpin hole to flange screw hole distance is a bit shorter
then whats available now. Now THATS a real pain in the patootey IYAM.

Someone mentioned springy rails that rob power.  The hands down most
springy power robbing rails I've ever seen have always been on the C
series Yamahas.  JME.

Cheers
RicB

    Yeah, I'm referring to the "scalloped" profile of the rails. Only in
    theory
    does it make any sense to me. In practice they can be a real pain.
    Though I
    invite someone to convince me they are a brilliant idea.

    Alan