[CAUT] huge pitch raise question

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Tue Jan 9 17:03:09 MST 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 6:14 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Are you sure your ETD offset is zeroed and you're not pulling them
> a semitone+ sharp? That's probably a dumb question, but I'm a fork
> basher and don't have any idea how possible or likely that is.
>
> Bummer,
> Ron N

An SAT resets and calibrates to 440 when you turn it on.  I'd guess
the others do too.  You can also use the "calibrate" function, but I
like to turn mine off and on after a tuning pass if I've used the
pitch raise feature to be sure it recalibrates before I do a fine
tuning.  There is a scenario where the pitch can reset without you
realizing what has happened, but it has to do with the way you use
the "measure/reset" feature and changing from memory mode to tune
mode.  If you aurally check intervals regularly, you should catch it
before you have to redo too much.  Even so, a semitone reset is
pretty unlikely unless you tell it to do that on purpose.

I had similar wonderings back when I was just a young fork basher
myself :-)
Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina