[CAUT] RE : huge pitch raise question

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Thu Jan 11 14:42:37 MST 2007

Michelle

Now there, don't get bent. That was "child", as in
"honey-child".  That, and your tender years, or ears.

As far as WIMP, well, if you want to really dispel that appellation,
you could go to the limit with Ed Sutton's advice:

>Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:35:16 -0500 (EST)
>From: ed440 at mindspring.com
>Subject: Re: [CAUT] huge pitch raise question
>
>A good experiment is to intentionally break strings on a piano
>that's going to be junked. WEAR EYE PROTECTION.  Tune a string as
>unison with it's upper neighbor, and the next  upper neighbor, and the next....

You can really show'um...pull up those strings on a good piano, and
don't wear eye protection. Yeah, now who's a wimp, eh?

David S
Urtext edition. All smilies expunged