[CAUT] Steinway Style II questions...and choices...

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jan 18 06:26:05 MST 2007

Bill:

Thanks for the research you are doing on the history of our instrument.
History is not my thing so I'm really glad someone is doing it!

Two things:

1.	Are you also looking at the same things from other factories -
Mason & Hamlin, Knabe, Chickering, McPhail. Baldwin etc.??
2.	If you find - in your study of scale evolution - why that
evolution stopped after the turn of the century I'd really love to know.

Somehow I couldn't get the link below to work.

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu