[CAUT] S&S Hearing Aida!?

Lance Lafargue lafargue at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 23 11:30:06 MST 2007

they are appealing to what drives most consumers in America and while I hate
it, it works.  That's why buyers of new video games fight, kill, sacrifice
to be the first to "own" one.  Our society and country in my view is slowly
going down the toilet.  A customer recently told me that his wife (a medical
doctor) attended a convention and Steinway was there to make a pitch and
never mentioned any other benefit to owning a Steinway than investment.
They are not stupid.  Think about it, even when I play golf, everyone wants
to brag on having the latest, greatest, most prestigious club, ball, gadget.
Look around at cars, houses, etc.  Most folks are living beyond their
incomes purely to impress others.   Are we playing into the Chinese's hands?
Steinway's plan is a good one, just a sad reflection on where we have gone.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD
LPIANOS.com
lafargue at bellsouth.net