[CAUT] bid savvy

lafargue at bellsouth.net lafargue at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 31 20:42:00 MST 2007

Sorry if this is a duplicate, My other computer doesn't appear to be
posting this msg.....
Can anyone advise me on advising a university here on how to word a bid
to techs and maximize the chance of getting what they want as far as
level of work.  I mean, is "to factory spec"the only thing they can use
as a standard to level the playing field on bidders? If they asked for a
price on regulating a piano, seven techs will do more than one level of
work and charge different amounts and all be able to call it a
"regulation" (and factory spec is not even optimum at the highest
levels).  They can ask for bids for concert tuning and voicing and get
lots of different levels of work, even from RPT's.  Are there sources of
info on handling this and optimizing the chances of getting what they
are paying for?  The whole system just doesn't seem to be conducive to
getting good quality work, just the cheapest price.   Thanks in advance.

Lance Lafargue, RPT

LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD

New Orleans Chapter, PTG

985.72P.IANO