[CAUT] grand casters

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Jan 31 22:01:24 MST 2007

Greetings all,

I'm looking for a recommendation for replacement of the original casters for a Steinway A that occasionally (not often) gets moved back and forth as much as 15 feet on a wood floor in a church.  The music director isn't crazy about using a stage truck and I don't want to replace the legs to fit new casters, or, for that matter, replace legs because they've been broken.

Would just having some good double wheel rubber casters do the job?  Any other suggestions?  Please be specific--as in catalog and part number.

Or should I just talk him into a truck and use wedges under the truck to support the legs as I've done for a piano on a stage.  Are there any other truck vs. caster opinions/theories I need to know about?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois