[CAUT] pitch for 1903 HInze

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Wed Oct 10 14:11:08 MDT 2007

I seem to remember seeing an open pinblock Kimball some years back that was
marked A=435Hz.  Not sure, though.  At any rate, I wouldn't be real
confident of the structural integrity of an open pinblock piano that old.  I
think I would tune it where it is unless the owner really needs it at pitch,
and then only with an unambiguous disclaimer.

I remember my Dad telling me about one of those where the pinblock separated
from the back beam while he was tuning it.  I guess it was pretty exciting
for a couple of seconds.

Regards,
Ken Z.

--