[CAUT] pitch for 1903 HInze

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 10 14:09:25 MDT 2007

I restrung a Hinze piano, c1900 vintage, and maintained it for about 6
years.  It had the 3/4 plate and was about 47" tall, with dowel capstans,
not stickers.
I tuned it to 440Hz with no problems.  It was a dependable practice
instrument, working 2-4 hours a day with no problems.  I would check the
back structure very carefully, making sure it is stable.
Ed Sutton