[CAUT] Backfire!!

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Oct 10 15:58:38 MDT 2007

>  >.. although it may not support quite so great a Nose Elevation
>> Angle on the part of the player :-)
>>
> oh my - those are words to quote you by!

Didn't even use the "s" word either... (supercilious).

> I have the pleasure of work with a D and a SD in a hall down here. The
> SD literally blows the doors off the D, but there's that nose angle
> thingee....
>
> I'm willing to bet if you took the fallboard off both of them and asked
> any reputable player to sample both, the SD would win hands down. The D
> had the Hammers changed about 10 years ago. the SD('74) is original.

The only thing problematic about the D is that gang front
termination piece, and I think that should be curable (haven't
had the chance to try it on a D yet, though the SD worked
great).  Either piano is improvable, and the D more so than
the SD, I'd think. Just needs some rearrangement.

Let me modefile it for you Ken. I think I can improve it's
acceptance rating.
Ron N