[CAUT] Shift voicers

Douglas Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 11 13:09:14 MDT 2007

Here are a couple of pictures of "shift voicers" that I have. The
round one (5/8 birch dowel) has #5 needles--too big. They were lying
around the shop, and I didn't take the time to recognize them as
#5's. The handle is actually quite nice for me. The flat tool has
#6's. Very good for mP-mF voicing level. I'm going to make up some
#10 or #12 tools for deeper work--harder playing.

Note that I've just set the needles carefully into a narrow epoxy-
filled saw kerf. I think I used the Exacto saw, or perhaps the little
Japanese one. Space the needles carefully and leave it until hard.

Doug