[CAUT] Upright geometry problem (Nordiska)

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 14:21:52 MDT 2007

Jim

I had a similar problem with a Brentwood piano, (about 15 years ago, and a very cheap Chinese product). Instead of moving the capstans back, I added cardboard balance punchings between the wippen rail and the bracket, to move all the wippen heals closer to the balance rail. I don't know if that will be enough on the Nordiska, but you could give it a try. (It's at least a lot easier than moving all the capstans, and it's reversible.) The other thing you might want to try, again, if there is enough room, is to add a little more felt to the jack stop on each butt.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of