[CAUT] Backfire!!

Joel A. Jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Fri Oct 12 07:29:56 MDT 2007

Paul,

The replacement parts you are looking to use I agree are
and highly recommend.   However, what is holding you back
from following your piano department head's 'suggestion'?

I think many CAUTs have had this situation.  It's political in
my book, not technical.  No doubt you can make this piano
into a wonderful instrument rivaling any piano in your
inventory.  Take off the fallboard, put tape across  the decal,
do a blind, behind the screen test,  it still does not make a
pianist like the piano any better than before - in my experience.

If you replace the parts why do you think that will light a fire to
rebuild the piano any faster than following the advice of
your piano head?

  My advice;  count the votes, get everyone in the School on the
  same page, and if it's no - it's no.

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT
Madison, WI