[CAUT] wacky backchecks and Knabe blow distance

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 15 18:06:51 MDT 2007

Hey, Jon, this is that low KR action that I modified Renner Steinway
wips for.  The capstans couldn't go back any further because it added too
much friction.  The low KR explains the shorter blow (according to a
friend--I even understand...now).   It's all turning out.

I tried all sorts of configurations with this--they all lead to not having
things work very well.  Fortunately, there's wiggle room on the FWs, so I
don't anticipate any leading problems.

Back down to the tar pits...I want to get this thing done.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois