[CAUT] lighter touchweight

Jeff Farris Jfarris at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 17 13:26:53 MDT 2007

  Alan (and the rest),

Thanks. I am familiar with the touch/tone relationship. Once a little
juicing made a player feel like it was a little lighter.  This guy is
quite an accomplished jazz player. He loves the warm tone and doesn't
want any hammer work to change the tone. The hammers were filed not
too long ago. They are tapered nicely. Keypins and capstans have been
polished and lubed. Key bushings are in good shape.  I have never
heard of this technique mentioned by others of putting a thin strip
of paper or felt punching behind the balance rail pin. Wouldn't that
affect key height?  Or this is just as a test?

Thanks again to all,

Jeff

--
Jeff Farris