[CAUT] lighter touchweight

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Oct 17 18:22:03 MDT 2007

    I, too, will echo Don's comments, and add aftertouch to the list. Either
too much or too little can cause a perception of "heavy." Too little, you're
getting through the action cycle and slamming into the felt. Too much,
you're wasting effort moving past the part of the keystroke that matters. It
can be a very personal thing exactly how much aftertouch someone wants. And
a definite amen to too much drop. This has the additional affect of creating
more spring resistance back pressure at the bottom of the keystroke, along
with the extra friction of jack against knuckle, and the "thunk" feel of
letoff. That together with heavy rep spring strength can really affect the
feel.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico