[CAUT] Nordiska; feedback and design flaw

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Oct 18 19:54:55 MDT 2007

Oops! Thinking about what I just wrote while tuning a couple uprights today,
I saw that my mental image was wrong. Wipp/action rail is behind the
bracket, hence shimming it will move the wipp centers back, the opposite
direction you want to move. So please omit the shim part of what I wrote.
Moving the lower bracket supports, though (which I have done on a couple
occasions) can help in the way described. And can definitely (potentially)
help an action model that won't regulate right, especially as you can also
fairly easily move other things like the whole keyframe.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico