[CAUT] Chickering quarter grand for next to nothing.

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Oct 20 01:43:52 MDT 2007

Hi Greg

I see we have something in common.  I too get spurred on in the face of
similar commentary. Well.. that is of course unless it is painfully
obvious they are right :)

If you do the job.. (sorry about the misunderstanding as to the
selling/contract bit).  Jim will no doubt be delighted to share his
thoughts with you along the way.

Cheers, and post about this as it develops.

RicB

    Ric,
        Slight misunderstanding in that this is a contract job (if I get
    it). I will not be able to sell it when done as it is already owned.
    I'm
    inclined to do it simply for the challenge much like the hoisting job I
    wrote about a few weeks ago. Popular opinion seems to say stay away and
    somehow that simply makes me more determined to go ahead with it. Fools
    go ......

    all the best,
    Greg Newell

    P.S. Thanks much for forwarding Jim Ellis' comments. Very
    interesting! I
    to have 3 Chickerings but none as glorious as Jim's.