[CAUT] Lighter Touchweight

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Oct 21 13:37:15 MDT 2007

Hi folks..

getting caught up on this thread which has turned out to be quite
interesting.  This tangent about moving the whippen rail caught my
attention.  I'd agree with those who dispute the notion that you can
make any significant change in action leverage this way.  The reasons
why are adequately described already by other posts so I'll leave it there.

The only real reason good I can think of for moving the whippen rail
would be to get the jack at the right angle when the action is at rest
and otherwise properly regulated.  The well known B+/- discussion which
in the end has to do with friction and not leverage.

Cheers
RicB

        What is considered within the range of action spread? 112mm to
        115mm? Or is
        this completely determined by the rep levr window size and jack
        movement
        needed?

        Keith Roberts