[CAUT] Lighter Touchweight

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 14:33:17 MDT 2007

OK, let's say that you've tweaked the action spread for maximum performance
and your KR is .5 or slightly less. The hammers have been tapered to a weight
which brings the BW down but just not quite as far as you want and you don't
want to or can't make them lighter. The center pinning is perfect. All aspects
of friction reduction has been tended to. You've even moved the knuckle out
on the shank 1 mm to 18mm.

And the BW and F still are just not quite down where they should be. The jack
is burying into the rep stop felt. Dip is shy, blow is long. Oh, and
the FW is on
the high side. You've also noticed that the Strike Point could be better.

Might you start considering stack relocation?  I've done it so many
times now that
I place it in the first-line consideration along with regulation.

Why spend 6 hours relocating capstans when a 1 hr stack relocation
might eliminate the need, solving Strike Point, leverage and shanks
centering over the back of the wips.

--

Regards,

Jon Page