[CAUT] lighter touchweight

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Oct 22 01:23:09 MDT 2007

Ah, then I see we are pretty much on the same page after all.  Swiss
cheesing the whippens seems like a lot of trouble to go through for
nearly (if not so) neglible affect unless one has some other reason to
remove the whippens anyways.  Springs get much more into this friction
issue, but have a touch-wise side affect that some may find ... we'll
use the word you chose... atypical.

Break away resistance... I am still unsure of what you mean by this...
has to be a dynamic componet I suppose.... can you expound a bit ?

As far as the Nordic.  I'll see what I can do. Norway has three more
years before its our turn to arrange again, but perhaps the Danes can be
coaxed next year.  It would be cool.

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,
     you are right the difference is small when only removing WW but
    much more
    so with assist springs, which I may have mentioned in my previous
    posts on
    the subject. Is it as much as other removers/affecters? no. Does it
    (use of
    springs) cause an atypical feel from that loss of friction and less
    break
    away resistance (with less lead/key mass)? yes.
    As for Nordic you have only to ask.