[CAUT] CAUT testing model

Carl Root carldroot at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 11:36:46 MDT 2007

(Wim just posted while I was writing this . . .)

I've always felt that diagnosing a piano's problems, coming up with
recommendations that are consistent with the piano's use, budget, and
time constraints, then being able to communicate all of this to the
client is at the heart of good piano service.

Here's a format for a chapter tech session that I did years ago in
both DC and Baltimore:  Assemble a half dozen pianos - the more
variety in terms of age, conditions, etc, the better.  Divide the
attendees into teams. Give them time to look over their assigned
piano, agree on the recommended work, then report their findings.

Ideally, you would have each member look at each piano independently
and write out a report.  (not enough time, of course . . . . maybe an
all-day seminar!)

Then watch the fur fly!

Carl