[CAUT] Moving wippen rail

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:50:00 MDT 2007

Actually there is almost no change in the blow and dip. If you move the
wippen horizontally 2mm, the contact point at the knuckle moves 2.5 mm along
the slope of the magic line. This compensates slightly for the change but
not exactly. It is close enough to make people think the action ratio has
not changed. The length of the arc made by the top of the jack is about the
same. Different force though.

Keith