[CAUT] Knock, knock.....

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Oct 26 04:38:19 MDT 2007

Avery Todd wrote:
> Hey, Bob.
> > You're evil!!!!!!!!!!! LOL>
> Avery Todd

Degradation does occur whenever pianos are locked in concert halls...

We do two shows of our Christmas program on one night(5 performances/4
days). I had tuned the instruments that morning and relocked them, as
usual. (We'd been having a lot of unauthorized usage at the time, so
security was tight) I'd gotten tickets for, and showed up for, the
second performance to be greeted with, "The piano was still locked when
the .... choir (primo of 6) went to use it."

Oops...

The conductor just went to the next choir/number, with hardly a hitch.
Ever since, however, I've gotten tickets for the first show, and look to
see if the lock is in place. (also to attend to emergencies, retune
harpsichord, etc. between shows)

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
- Casey Stengel