[CAUT] CAUT testing model

Carl Root carldroot at comcast.net
Fri Oct 26 06:27:10 MDT 2007

Wim,

One of the weaknesses of this program (or maybe it's a strength) is
that you are making a set of service recommendations in a vacuum.
It's interesting to see which members recognize that their approach
to the instrument would be influenced by who's playing it, at what
level, possible budget constraints, piano's fair market value,
sentimental attachment, etc.  In both cases, as I recall, there was a
piano discussed that in fact was on its way to the dumpster!  Most,
but not all, figured that out before being told. . . but maybe it
could have gone to a beginning technician as a "practice" piano.
It's rarely a black and white issue.

Carl