[CAUT] agraffes

Wigent, Donald E, Jr WIGENTD at ecu.edu
Tue Oct 30 05:57:54 MST 2007

Hi Rick and every one Don Wigent hear.  Isn't all this business about
removing and reinstallation of agraffs a lot of un necessary work unless
you have problems?  Perhaps we are afraid of problems with noise after
we restring.  In my limited rebuilding experience (maybe 6 pianos or so)
I haven't had much trouble with agraffs. I have on occasionally seen
agraffs  become jumpy and pinggy.  however I have seen
-----Original Message-----n several spirious sounds from capo bars. Most
of those have disappeared with resurfacing of the bar. Can you shine up
the agraffs without removal.  Maybe I am not conscientious enough.

Don Wigent
East Carolina U