[CAUT] FW: CAUT credential vs. academic program?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Oct 30 10:03:49 MST 2007

Hi Anne,

>From what schools besides NBSS and Western Ontario do you accept
applications? How many "schools" are out there? Is there any way a
program like our small program here at BYU can get a student accredited
w/o a degree? For that matter, does NBSS offer an actual degree
accredited by the state?

I'm asking because I really don't know, and BYU won't let us offer a
degree program like they used to have. ("We need to downsize...") It
seems very important for CAUTs to know this and if we can somehow get on
line that would be great. I've been to NBSS and can say that we can
definitely compete with their program. Students at BYU rebuild many
pianos in their years here as well as perform around 1500 tunings, all
with feedback and close supervision. They end up RPTs and decent
rebuilders.

Thanks,

Jim Busby BYU