[CAUT] pinning

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 7 22:43:24 MDT 2008

I have been having some interesting time with our Hamburg Steinway here at Stanford.  This is 9 years old.   I filed the hammers for the first time...I know, not heavy playing...but I repinned for the 2nd time in a year.  Went from 4 grams to 2 grams or so...I decided to repin at 5 to 6 grams.   The tone is projecting (tone above the strings) to beat the band...the combination of careful filing and repinning has, imho, brought the piano back to it's new piano sound...I'd appreciate comment on center pinning/tone and concert instruments...

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044