[CAUT] Ronsen-Wurzen hammers

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Tue Apr 8 12:35:01 MDT 2008

none of that
Chris Solliday rpt
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul T Williams
  To: caut at ptg.org
  Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 11:01 AM
  Subject: [CAUT] Ronsen-Wurzen hammers

  Hi gang,

  This summer I'm rebuilding the action on our 1956 Baldwin D using Renner shanks/flanges and wippens.  I'm also, per your previous reccommendations, trying Ronsen-Wurzen hammers for the first time.  I have some time before summer arrives to "prep" the parts, weigh off the shanks, check pinning, etc.  My question is; What sort of pre-voicing should be done with these hammers?  Do they require pre-filing, juicing, needling etc.?  They're already bored, tapered and tails shaped nicely.

  Thanks for any input!

  Paul T. Williams RPT
  Univ. of Nebraska