[CAUT] All day with Wally Brooks

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Apr 10 11:26:24 MDT 2008

  The NM chapter would like to invite you to an all day seminar with
Wally Brooks, to be held on Saturday, May 17 at the University of NM,
Albuquerque, NM.

All About Hammers
Take a microscopic tour into the depths of a piano hammer.  Learn
about the making of felt and the process of manufacturing hammers
including our new Natural Felt.  We will discuss how to control weight
and touch through hammer selection and the information needed for
boring hammers.  You will also learn grand and upright hammer hanging
on old and new shanks and flanges as well as using pre-hung hammers.

Replacing Grand Action Parts – for fun, profit & weight control
What is important when changing parts?  Important measurements to
consider and their effects on fit regulation and touch.  Backcheck
installation, using sample kits and a simple system for controlling
touch weight.

Tone Building
A thorough discussion and demonstration of the process of putting a
new set of hammers into their optimum working state and the art of
listening to tone.

For further information, please contact me off list.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu