[CAUT] Grieg Experiment

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Apr 24 17:51:50 MDT 2008

Hi Ric,
	Fascinating! Amazing job of matching both style of playing and timber
of the instrument. It certainly sounds convincingly like a re-creation
from the past. Do you know to what extent the digitized version of the
wax cylinder recording was manipulated electronically, if at all? (I
guess there is bound to be some manipulation, even if not intentional,
in the mechanical process of cylinder to needle to "trumpet" and then
placement of mikes and setting gain and whatnot).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu