[CAUT] Brodmann pianos

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Apr 25 14:21:57 MDT 2008

Thanks, Jim. I understand that Brodmann began as a Bosendorfer
project, similar to Steinway's Boston and Essex, but was axed when
ownership changed (bought by the Austrian banking investment house or
whatever that preceded the sale to Yamaha). So the folks who had been
involved decided to go ahead on their own. I was told the models were
"exact copies" of various existing pianos, including Steinway K
upright and some Schimmel, 132 or so. Whatever, thought I <G>.
	At any rate, they seem relatively impressive for Chinese product, at
the least a step above Nordiska. Decent materials, well put together,
and a design and execution that creates a musically acceptable sound
and response. We'll see how my fellow evaluators rate them.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu