[CAUT] Brodmann pianos

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Fri Apr 25 12:57:06 MDT 2008

Fred,

After 3 years they still seem good. The owner of the company visited us here at BYU and talked through the design with me. Nothing spectacular, but solid, nonetheless. He looked at some of my bridge modifications. He thinks the backscale idea (Del and Ron) of having better bridge placement/more backscale length was nonsense. At that point we stopped talking much...

He says the design was like Steinway. No way. The scale is way different. He headed up Bosendorfer for several years before starting Brodmann.

Anyway, that's my experience with them. "Ok" after 3 years.

Jim