[CAUT] 1098's

rwest1 at unl.edu rwest1 at unl.edu
Fri Dec 5 12:03:32 PST 2008

I have to join with those that find some virtue in the 1098's.  One
can learn to tune them in spite of all the false beats and funky
tuning pins/pressure bar.  And they sound pretty good in spite of all
the false beats.  I would add one other comment that doesn't seem to
have been mentioned.  The full width music desk is unmatched by many
brands, especially for musicians that have to spread their music
out.  I've never liked the measly little flip down music desk that
has become the norm on bigger console/professional model pianos.

Richard West