[CAUT] key bushing sizing...

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Dec 6 09:13:08 PST 2008

Can you be more specific? Are you applying VS Prolube and following
with Spurlock (or similar) cauls? If so, I'd be skeptical. I'd worry
about possible glue failure (bushings coming loose) and bushings
swelling/sizing against the pin. Using a heated caul after the 6
hours, to speed up drying and set, might be a good option. It also
depends how much material you are applying, and how warm and dry the
environment is. But only so much moisture can evaporate from that
small space between the caul and the wood. I'd want over night.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu