[CAUT] key bushing sizing...

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Dec 6 13:36:25 PST 2008

OK, I know I always take chances, but I was in the position to completely rebush and ready to do so if necessary.

 I did one piano without any cauls.  I put a couple of drops of VSProfelt on the indentations and returned the keys to the keyframe.  I was worried about all kinds of things.  Next day, they worked perfectly!

However, that was only one piano.  On another piano I had to apply the solution twice.  The first time I didn't use enough and they were still too loose the next day.  So I reapplied the solution and reinserted the cauls.  After that it was fine.

So, I guess we have to keep learning about this new solution and how it works best.  It's neat we have each other to share experiences with!Diane Hofstetter

From: ilvey at sbcglobal.netTo: pianotech at ptg.org; caut at ptg.orgDate: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:36:20 -0800Subject: [CAUT] key bushing sizing...
List,
I'm having some time constraints with 10 pianos and just a few days.   If I left the cauls in for 6 hours instead of over night would they dry enough?   That way I could come back and do couple more pianos and leave those overnight...
David Ilvedson, RPTPacifica, CA 94044