[CAUT] A record low humidity reading, for me

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Tue Dec 9 12:07:15 PST 2008

Don -
A little research gave me Cooper Atkins as the distributor of the
pictured  Digital Pocket Psychrometer SRH122, but
that item was discontinued about a year ago.  They may have others
that truly are expensive, though I don't think that one was.  The
most substantial one I've come across is the Fluke 971 Digital
Temperature Humidity meter.

http://us.fluke.com/usen/Home/Search.asp?txtSearchBox=971&x=11&y=9

The problem with this one is that it's more expensive ($180 to $240)
and it's not user calibratable.  The problem with all of these
devises is that, coming from China, they are not easily repaired.

The one I mentioned is:
http://www.generaltools.com/Products/Calibratable-Digital-Psychrometer__EP8706.aspx

It's available from:

http://www.techinstrument.com/acatalog/Pocket_Hygrometers.html

The link that Don Rose provided you with is the Cooper Atkins unit
that is no longer available.  Tech instrument (above) has similar
items. (SAMJR995)  though it specs @ +/- 5%, not 1%, which would be
very expensive, indeed. The gentleman I spoke with - Bob Berkhart -
seemed knowledgeable and helpful.

Always can find something that needs research.

David Skolnik