[CAUT] Climate Control

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sun Dec 14 17:52:13 PST 2008

On Dec 14, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Don wrote:

> Have a look at a chart. When temperature drops RH spikes up. Buildings
> being what they are they soon reach equilibrium again at what ever the
> "usual" RH was. Then when temperature is raised RH spikes downwards.
> Pianos
> do not like this from a tuning stability point of view.

	Actually, that was a major point of my post: that we should be
looking at this as a combined RH and temperature event, not just a
temperature swing. If both change simultaneously, it is hard to
distinguish the effects of one from the effects of the other. In any
case, we should be aware that, in all likelihood, both have changed
over that week or two of having the heat lowered.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu